For Spice Powder
2 tsp Cumin Seeds
2 tbsp Coriander Seeds
5 Black Peppercorns
2 Dry Red chilli, broken
1 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Mustard Seeds
4-5 Curry leaves
Pinch of Asafoetida
1 Large Tomato, chopped
½ tsp Turmeric Powder
3 Cups Water
Salt to taste
½ tsp Jaggery
1 tbsp Ginger, finely chopped
1 tbsp Fresh Coriander, chopped
1 tsp Oil
1 tsp Urad Dal
2 Dry Red Chilies, broken
4-5 Garlic, crushed
- For spice powder, dry roast all the ingredients until aromatic and blend to a fine powder.
- Now for rasam, heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves and let them crackle.
- Add in asafoetida and mix. Add tomatoes and cook for few minutes. Add turmeric and mix well.
- Pour in water and add in salt and jaggery. Let it come to a boil. Add in ginger and later simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add toor dal and cook further.
- Turn off the flame and sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and keep aside.
- Meanwhile, for tempering heat oil in a small pan. Add urad dal, dry red chilli and garlic. Sauté for few seconds.
- Pour the tempering on the rasam and add coriander leaves.
- Mix and serve hot.
AMAZON SHOP Buy utensils, kitchen accessories and appliances used in this video here - https://www.amazon.in/shop/chefranveer