2 cups Orange peel (scraped of inner pith and cut into strips
4 tsp Red chilli powder
½ tsp Asafoetida powder
1/4 tsp Fenugreek powder
A lemon sized ball Tamarind
½ tsp Mustard seeds
4 Dried red chillies
1/ cup Curry leaves
½ cup Water
Salt as requires
4 tbsp Sesame Oil
½ cup Jaggery (optional)
- For the tamarind pulp combine tamarind and 1/4 cup of water and keep adsde.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds. When they splutter, add the dry red chillies and curry leaves and sauté for one minute
- Add orange peel and sauté for 2 minutes
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida powder, fenugreek powder, salt and jaggery if using and mix well.
- Strain and add the tamarind pulp. Mix well and cook until the water dried out.
- Cool and transfer to sterilised, clean and dry pickle jar. The pickle can be refrigerated for upto 2 months