½ cup Caster Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extract
½ cup Ref. Flour
3/4 cup Water
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tbsp Matcha
2 Egg yolks
1 tbsp Sugar
1 tbsp Rum
2/3 cup Mascarpone Cheese
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
1 tbsp Matcha for dusting
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C
- Line tray with Silpat
- Separate the Eggs
- Whisk the Egg yolks with 1/2 of the sugar and all of the vanilla
- Beat for 5 minutes
- In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites until they hold soft peaks combining Sugar & Salt
- Gently fold the beaten Egg whites into the Egg Yolk
- Sift the Flour over the egg mixture and gently fold in
- Fill in the Piping Bag & pipe 3 inches batter
- Bake for 15 minutes until firm to the touch and golden. Remove the paper and fingers from the baking sheet and place on racks to cool
For Tiramisu Matcha
- Mix water, sugar & matcha in a bowl, whisk well.
- Heat the prepared match mix in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Separate the egg yolks and egg whites.
- Add the egg yolk, sugar & rum in a pan, cook on a double boiler while whisking for 5 minutes.
- Set aside and rest it for another 5 minutes.
- Whip the whipping cream till it forms soft peaks, refrigerate.
- Fold in the egg yolk mixture.
- Sift in the Matcha & mix well.
- Fold in the Mascarpone Cheese
- Soak Saviordi in Matcha Syrup & arrange in the dish
- Spread Cream Layer
- Dredge Matcha powder
- Repeat this once more
- Set in refrigerator to chill for 4-5 hours
- Cut a slice & serve.