¼ cup butter / 3 tbsps Olive oil
1 ½ cups onion, chopped
1 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled & finely chopped
1 ½ tsps garlic, minced
500 gms medium carrots, peeled & chopped
2 medium tomatoes, seeded, chopped
1 ½ tsps lemon zest
3 cups vegetable stock/water
2 tbsps fresh lemon juice
4 tbsps sour cream
- Heat butter/oil in a sauce pan. Add onion and sauté for a bit. Add ginger and garlic and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add carrots, tomatoes and lemon zest, sauté for a minute. Add stock/water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover partially and let simmer till carrots are tender. Remove and cool slightly.
- Purée the mixture in blender. Return soup to the pan. Stir in lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return the pan to the flame and let simmer, adjust consistency if you need a thinner soup by adding more stock. Cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove and ladle soup into bowls. Top it with sour cream and garnish with fresh coriander.
Tip : Purée the soup mix in batches to allow even blending and prevent the jar from overflowing.