10 medium prawns, clean, shelled, tail intact
¼ cup tamarind pulp
1 tbsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp roasted cumin powder
Salt to taste
½ tsp black salt
1 egg whole
2 cups Semolina
Oil for frying
1 tbsp oil
¾ cup tomatoes, chopped
5 curry leaves
½ tsp mustard seeds
Juice of ½ lime
2 tbsp oil
2 fresh red chillies
15 curry leaves
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 cup fresh coconut paste
- Add tamarind pulp to a bowl, add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, salt and black salt. Mix well.
- Break in one egg, mix well till everything is combined.
- Add the prawns to this mixture, cover and set aside to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Spread the semolina in a plate, coat the marinated prawns from all sides.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, dee-fry till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and set aside till in use.
- Meanwhile prepare the tempering, heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, curry leaves and tomatoes, salt, mix well.
- Add lemon juice and take off the flame
- Heat oil in a pan, add red chilli, curry leaves, chilli powder turmeric powder and mix coconut paste.
AMAZON SHOP Buy utensils, kitchen accessories and appliances used in this video here - https://www.amazon.in/shop/chefranveer