1 cup beet root – peeled and chopped
1 cup bottle gourd (ghiya) – peeled and chopped
½ cup chopped onion
½ cup chopped tomato
½ cup potato – peeled and chopped
½ tsp sugar
Salt – to taste
½ tsp ginger, chopped
¼ tsp powdered black pepper
Chopped coriander leaves – for garnishing
1. Place the beetroot, bottle gourd, onion, tomato, ginger and potato with two cups of water in a pan.
2. Bring to a boil and then simmer till all the vegetables are soft.
3. Cool and blend in a blender. Strain through a sieve.
4. Add sugar, salt and black pepper.
5. Serve hot or chilled garnished with the cream and coriander leaves.