2 Cups Water
A pinch Of Baking Soda
¼ tsp Salt
1 ¼ Cup French Beans/Green Beans, cut into ½ -inch pieces
For Spice mix
¼ Cup White Sesame Seeds/Til
¼ Cup Fresh Coconut, grated
5-6 Garlic Cloves
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
2 tsp Red Chili Powder
1 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Mustard Seeds
6-8 Curry Leaves
½ tsp Turmeric Powder
Salt, to taste
¼ cup grated coconut
- For beans, boil water in a pot. Add baking soda, salt and mix. Now drop in the beans and mix well. Cook for 4-5mins. Drain the water and keep the beans aside.
- For spice mix, heat a pan on medium flame. Add white sesame seeds, fresh coconut and saute till light golden in colour.
- Add garlic cloves, cumin seeds and saute for another 2mins. Turn off the flame, add red chili powder and mix. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Add roasted spices to grinder and make a fine powder, do not add water.
- Now heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves and let the crackle. Add beans, turmeric powder and toss well. Cover with lid and cook for 5-6mins on medium flame.
- Remove the lid, add prepared spice mix, salt and saute till beans are cooked. Turn off the flame.
- Garnish with grated coconut and serve hot with rice and dal.
AMAZON SHOP Buy utensils, kitchen accessories and appliances used in this video here - https://www.amazon.in/shop/chefranveer