Preparation Time: 40mins (5 days of fermentation)
Cooking Time: 15mins
Serves: 12-14 aanarsa
2 Cups Rice (the rice should not be sticky)
2 Cups Gud/Jaggery, grated
2 tsps Ghee + for deep frying
2 tbsps Milk
2 tbsps Khus khus/Poppy seeds
- Wash the rice twice. Fill with water till grains are soaked. Keep the rice soaked for 5 days and remember to change the water daily.
- On the 6th day, drain the water and spread rice grains on cloth. Let them dry out.
- Grind them to a dry and fine powder. Sieve the powder through a fine mesh and transfer to a bowl.
- Combine powdered rice, jaggery, ghee and start kneading. Add milk to make a pliable dough. It should be semi soft.
- Divide into 12-14 equal portions and make balls out of it.
- Sprinkle khus khus on the rolling surface and roll the dough portions over it. Keep the puris thick.
- Heat ghee in a kadai. Deep fry the aanarsa in ghee till golden brown.
Drain the excess ghee and serve.
AMAZON SHOP Buy utensils, kitchen accessories and appliances used in this video here - https://www.amazon.in/shop/chefranveer