For Cooking Rice
2 cups Sushi rice, सुशी चावल
2 tbsp Rice vinegar,सिरका
2 tbsp Sugar, चीनी
½ tsp Salt, नमक
¼ tsp White Sesame Seeds, सफेद तिल
¼ tsp Black Sesame Seeds, काले तिल
½ cup Cream Cheese, क्रीम चीज़
1 large Avocado, sliced, एवोकैडो
1 English Cucumber, cored and julienned, इंग्लिश ककड़ी
1 Nori sheet, नोरी शीट
Soya Sauce, सोया सॉस
Pickled Ginger, पिकलेड पिकल्ड़
For Sushi Rice
- In a pot boil 2 cups of water and add the washed rice and cook it properly.
- Remove on a tray let it cool a little and add vinegar, sugar, salt mix it properly. Keep aside from later use.
For Assembling Maki Roll
- Wrap your sushi mat (bamboo mat or folded kitchen towel) in a large piece of cling film and have a small bowl of water handy. Put the mat down, put a nori sheet on top of the mat, shiny side down. Grab some of the cooled sushi rice and spread it evenly on the nori sheet leaving a 1 cm margin at the very top, for sealing. As well as spreading the rice evenly, keep on pressing it into the mat with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle white sesame seeds and black sesame seeds turn it other side and place fresh cucumber, avocado and pipe some of the cream cheese with the help of a piping bag along the bottom edge of the nori sheet and leave a bit of space below so that you can fold the nori sheet over the filling.
- Using the mat, slowly start rolling the roll, squeezing it tightly with both hands as you roll. Go back every now and then to make sure everything is tightly bonded.
- Once you get to the end, dip your finger in water and brush the water on the margin to seal the roll. Finish rolling and set the roll aside. Repeat the last 4 steps with the remaining nori sheets.
- Once you’ve rolled all the sushi rolls, cut them into 1 cm slices with a sharp knife. Serve with pickled ginger, wasabi and a side of soy sauce.