For Shrimp & Sweet Potato Cakes
300 gms small shrimps peeled, deveined, and coarsely chopped
2 tbsp rice flour
1 tsp refined flour
1 tsp fish sauce
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
½ cup coriander chopped
1 large egg, beaten
1 tbsp oil
400 gms baked Sweet Potatoes in skin
1/2 tsp Mineral Salt
2 tbsp chopped Spring Onion greens
2 tsp Sugar
2 tbsp hot Water
1/2 tsp Rice vinegar
2 tbsp Carrot Julienne
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 thai bird chilli
1 cup Coriander Sprigs
½ cup Mint leaves
For Shrimps & Sweet Potato Cakes
- Peel the potatoes and score lightly.
- Sprinkle some salt and drizzle some oil.
- Roast in the oven at 200 c till it begins to caramelise.
- Take out the Potatoes in a bowl and mash. Add Shrimps, Spring Onion, Flours, Fish Sauce, Pepper & Egg
- Divide mixture to form small Cakes
- Rest the Cakes in refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Heat Oil in a skillet, sear the Cakes for 2 minutes on both sides.
- In a bowl add 2 tbsp water, lime Juice, vinegar and sugar.
- Stir everything well, till it combines well.
- Add Fish Sauce, chopped Chilli, Carrots & Garlic and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Serve the prepared shrimp cakes with the dip, fresh sprigs of Coriander and mint.
AMAZON SHOP Buy utensils, kitchen accessories and appliances used in this video here - https://www.amazon.in/shop/chefranveer