4 large Onions, thinly sliced
3 Green Chillies, finely chopped
¼ cup Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
½ cup Yogurt
1 tsp Ajwain/ Carom Seeds
1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
1 tsp Coriander Powder
Salt to taste
1½ cup Gram Flour/ Besan
Coriander sprig for garnishing
Oil for deep frying
- In a mixing bowl, add onions, green chillies, coriander leaves, yogurt, ajwain, red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and besan.
- Mix everything well and add water as required for making a thick batter.
- In a heavy bottom pan, heat oil for deep frying.
- Make small balls of the batter with your hand and carefully pour them in oil.
- Fry them until crisp and golden brown in colour on high flame.
- Remove in an absorbent kitchen paper towel.
- Garnish with coriander sprig.
- Serve hot mint chutney.
Add water carefully as onion will release it’s water