Mohanthal / मोहनथाल
1½ cups gram flour / बेसन
2 tbsp milk / दूध
2 tbsp ghee / घी
150 gms ghee / घी
1 cup milk / दूध
For Sugar Syrup
180 gms sugar / चीनी
1 cup water / पानी
2 tbsp saffron milk (saffron strands + warm milk ) / केसर
Almonds, chopped / बदाम
Pistachios, chopped / पिस्ता
- Add gram flour, milk and ghee in a bowl. Mix with fingers until it forms a bread crumb like mixture.
- Strain the prepared gram flour mix through a sieve.
- If there are lumps remaining while you sieve, blend it in a grinder and add to the sieved gram flour.
- Add ghee to a pan, add the sieved gram flour mixture and roast for 8-10 minutes on low flame while stirring continuously.
- Add ½ cup milk and keep roasting on slow flame while stirring continuously for another 5-6 minutes.
- Add more milk and roast while stirring continuosly for another 7-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat sugar along with water in another pan, to make the sugar syrup.
- Add saffron milk to the sugar syrup and mix well.
- Turn off the flame of Mohanthal and pour the prepared sugar syrup in it while stirring continuosly.
- Pour the prepared Mohanthal mix on greased tray and garnish with chopped nuts.
- Set aside at room temperature for 10-15 minutes. Serve immediately.