1 tbsp Oil
½ tsp Cumin seeds
3-4 Black pepper corns
1 Green cardamom pods
1 Bay leaf
1 Star anise
2-3 Garlic pods, crushed
1 Onions, chopped
1 Tomatoes, chopped
Salt to taste
1 tsp Red chilli powder
2 tsp Pav Bhaji masala
1 cups Mixed Vegetables (Potato, Carrot, Beans, Peas), diced and blanched
2 Cups Cooked Basmati Rice
Coriander leaves, for garnish
- Heat oil in a pan. Add in cumin seeds, black pepper corns, green cardamom, bay leaf and star anise. Let this fry for a minute.
- Now add in crushed garlic pod. Fry for half a minute. Add in onions and cook until it turns translucent.
- Add in tomatoes and cook them well until it leaves oil. Now pour in little ½ cup water and mix.
- Add in salt, red chilli powder and pav bhaji masala. Cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add in all the blanched vegetables and mix well. Let the vegetables get well coated in the masala. Again pour little water and mix.
- Add in cooked rice and blend everything together.
- Cook this on high flame for 7-8 minutes. Once all the masalas are cooked well turn off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.