Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Course: Main course – Dal/kadhi
2 cups fresh curds/ dahi
5 tbsp besan /bengal gram flour
2 tsp ghee
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
2 pinches of asafoetida
5 curry leaves
salt to taste
1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
2 tbsps sugar
For The Garnish
2 tbsps finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- Combine the curds and besan in a deep bowl and whisk well till no lumps remain. Add 3 cups of water and mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai and add cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Let crackle, add the asafoetida and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the prepared curds-besan-water mixture, curry leaves, salt, ginger-green chili paste and sugar, mix well and bring to a boil for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Reduce the flame and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with rotli or khichdi.
AMAZON SHOP Buy utensils, kitchen accessories and appliances used in this video here - https://www.amazon.in/shop/chefranveer