1 cup Refined Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
¼ cup Cocoa powder
1 cup Sugar granulated
1 tbsp instant Coffee
½ cup olive oil
½ cup Milk
½ tsp Vanilla extract
1 tbsp shredded basil
3 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 tbsp Orange marmalade
2 tbsp Milk
2 tbsp Coconut Milk
Pinch of Cardamom powder
½ cup Sugar powdered
Orange rind finely chopped
- For the cupcakes, preheat the oven to 180°C and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the refined flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder and granulated sugar.
- In a small bowl, stir together the instant coffee and ½ cup of boiling water, then add it to the flour mixture along with the olive oil, milk, vanilla & egg.
- Stir well to combine , fold in shredded basil leaves.
- Divide the prepared batter into the lined muffin tin equally. Do not fill the liners till top.
- Bake the muffins for 15-20 minutes on 180°C
- Once done, insert a toothpick in the muffin and if it comes out cleans, means the muffin is perfectly cooked.
- Set them aside to cool down on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting.
- Add butter, marmalade, milk, coconut milk, cardamom powder and half the sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric whisk on medium speed till it begins to look creamy and fluffy.
- Fold in the orange rind, leave some to sprinkle as garnish.
- Spread the prepared frosting on the prepared muffins, as required. Garnish by sprinkling orange rind.
- Serve at room temperature.