2 cups rice, leftover
1 medium onion, finely chopped
½ cup mixed vegetables, finely chopped (cabbage, carrot)
1 inch ginger, chopped
1 tsp green chili, finely chopped
2 tsp coriander, finely chopped
¼ tsp roasted cumin powder
1 tsp chaat masala
½ tsp chili powder
½ cup besan/ gram flour
Salt to taste
Water as required
Oil for frying
- In a deep frying pan, put oil on gas for deep frying.
- in a mixing bowl, take 2 cups of leftover rice.
- Mash it smooth with your hands, till it turns into sticky.
- Add onion, carrot, cabbage, coriander, grated ginger, green chili, coriander leaves, chat masala, roasted cumin powder, chili powder, chaat masala, salt, besan and give it a good mix, in between squeeze and then mix.
- Wet your hand and take a ball sized batter and deep fry them.
- Keep stirring occasionally, till they gets crisp and golden brown.Drain on paper towel.
- Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.
AMAZON SHOP Buy utensils, kitchen accessories and appliances used in this video here - https://www.amazon.in/shop/chefranveer