½ cup sugar
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1/3 cup sugar
1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of salt
2 cups very warm milk
A Pinch of Ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 175° Celsius.
- Heat 1/2 cup sugar in heavy bottom pan medium over low heat until sugar is melted and golden brown. Divide sugar syrup among 4 moulds. Allow syrup to harden in cups about 10 minutes.
- Mix eggs, sugar, vanilla essence and salt in medium bowl. Gradually stir in warm milk. Sprinkle with nutmeg and mix well.
- Strain this mixture using a sieve. Fill the mould ¾, with the mixture.
- Place the filled mould in rectangular pan, on oven rack. Pour very hot water into pan till the moulds are half immersed in it.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between centre and edge comes out clean.
- Remove cups from water. Cool 30 minutes.
- To de-mould, carefully loosen side of custard with knife or small spatula. Place a plate on top of mould and, holding tightly, turn dish and cup upside down.
- Shake cup gently to loosen custard. Caramel syrup will run down sides of custard, forming a sauce.
- Garnish with mint sprig and serve chilled.
AMAZON SHOP Buy utensils, kitchen accessories and appliances used in this video here - https://www.amazon.in/shop/chefranveer