- For onion paste:
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 inch ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-2 tsp oil
- 2 tbsp water, or as required to blend smooth
For fry bhindi / okra
- 10 bhindi, chopped
- 2 tsp oil
For Bhindi Curry
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp fenugreek seeds (optional)
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- pinch asafoetida
- 7-8 curry leaves
- 1 – 2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder, adjust according to your spice level
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup thick curd, whisked
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ cup water, or as required to adjust consistency
- handful coriander leaves, chopped
- ¼ tsp garam masala
For onion paste
- in a kadai add 2 tsp of oil and fry onions, ginger and garlic.
- fry till they turn slightly golden in colour. allow to cool completely.
- add required water and blend to smooth paste. keep aside.
For fry bhindi
- in the same kadai, add a tsp of oil and fry chopped bhindis.
- fry till bhindi cook from all sides and changes colour to dark green.
- remove and keep aside.
To make curry
- in the same kadai, add a tsp of oil along with mustard seeds, jeera, methi and hing.
- once they splutter add curry leaves.
- now add prepared onion puree and saute for a minute.
- add spices like chilli powder, turmeric, coriander powder and salt to taste. fry the masala on low flame.
- add some water.
- then add 1 cup curd and stir on low flame.
- immediately add fried bhindi and give a good stir.
- remember to switch off the flame. close the lid and allow to cook for 5 minute.
- garnish with few coriander leaves.