2 -3 lotus stems, peeled and sliced
3 tbsp garlic, chopped
1 tbsp. thinly sliced ginger
2 medium onion, sliced thin
Salt to taste
2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chili powder
4 tbsp chickpea flour
Water as required
- Boil water in a pot and add a little salt to it.
- When the water comes to a boil add the sliced lotus stems to the water and let it cook for a minute or two – do not overcook.
- Drain and put the lotus stems in cold water to stop the cooking and set aside.
- Heat 4-5 tbsp. oil in a wok.
- Add chopped garlic & ginger and sauté for a minute.
- Add sliced onions and sauté till onions turn translucent.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, chili powder and salt.
- Cook for a minute and then add 4 tbsp. of chickpea flour.
- Sauté well for a minute or two.
- Add sliced lotus stems and mix it well with the onion mixture.
- Cover and cook for 15- 20 minutes till the lotus stems are just cooked.
- Serve hot.