½ cups Refined flour, मैदा
1 cup Ghee, घी
½ tsp Soda, सोडा
⅓ cup Curd, दही
Ghee for frying, घी
For Sugar Syrup
2 cups Sugar, चीनी
1 cup Water, पानी
2-3 Green Cardamom pods, हरी इलायची
1 tsp Fennel seeds, सौंफ
2-3 Black peppercorns, काली मिर्च
Pistachios, blanched, slice, पिस्ता
Mango, small cubes, आम
Fresh Mint leaves, पुदीना
- In a large bowl, add refined flour, ghee and crumble the mixture well.
- Add soda, curd combine well.
- Additionally, sprinkle some water to make dough.
- Cover with moist cloth and rest for 1o minutes.
- Pinch a small ball sized dough and make a ball.
- Make a dent at the centre with the help of a thumb.
- Heat ghee in a deep pan, deep fry on medium hot to low flame until the balls turn golden brown and crisp.
- Drop them into warm sugar syrup immediately.
- Coat the balushahi with sugar syrup on both the sides and soak for 5 minutes.
- Finally, serve balushahi garnished with a few slice pistachios, mango cubes and fresh mint leaves on top.
For Sugar syrup
- In a sauce pot,add sugar, water, green cardamom pods, fennel seeds and black peppercorns mix it well.
- Boil on a medium heat until it reaches a 1 string consistency.