For the Dough
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp gram flour
½ tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
1 tbsp ghee
Water as required
2 tsp oil
For the Filling
2 large potatoes, boiled and grated
1 inch ginger, grated
2-3 green chillies, finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
Salt to taste
½ tsp coriander powder
1 tsp chilli powder
½ tsp cumin powder
1 tsp garam masala
½ tsp dried fenugreek leaves
¼ tsp amchur powder
Ghee for roasting
Butter cubes for garnish
Yogurt to serve
Pickle to serve
For the dough
- Add whole wheat flour, gram flour and ghee to a bowl. Mix well and form a crumb like mixture.
- Add water as required and knead a soft dough. Cover with a muslin cloth and set aside for 20 minutes or till in use.
- Add oil to the dough and knead a little till its absorbed.
For the filling
- Add boiled potatoes, onion, green chilli, fresh coriander, salt, coriander powder, chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala, dried fenugreek leaves and amchur powder. Mix well
- Divide the prepared dough into equal portions, and form small lemon sized balls.
- Roll them into flat disc with a rolling pin and add the prepared stuffing in the centre.
- Roll into a potli, remove the excess dough and roll back into a disc.
- Heat a tawa, add the prepared paratha and roast on both sides for 30 seconds each, flip over and brush with ghee, flip over and roast till brown spots appear.
- Garnish with cubes of butter and serve hot with yogurt and pickle.
AMAZON SHOP Buy utensils, kitchen accessories and appliances used in this video here - https://www.amazon.in/shop/chefranveer