Preparation time 10 minutes
Preheat time 5 minutes at 180°c ( For stuffing)
5 minutes at 185°c ( For modak)
Cooking time 3-4 minutes at 180°c ( For stuffing)
10-12 minutes at 185°c ( For modak)
Accessory used- Philips Airfryer Baking tray
1 cup fresh Coconut, grated
3-4 Cashew nuts, chopped
3-4 Almond, chopped
1 tbsp Sesame seeds
¾ cup Jaggery, grated
¼ tsp Cardamom powder
1 cup Whole wheat flour
Salt to taste
1 tsp Powdered sugar (optional)
¼ cup Ghee
Water for kneading (for stiff dough)
Ghee (Optional & for brushing)
- Preheat the airfryer for 5 minutes at 180°c.
- In a baking tray, add fresh coconut, cashew nuts, almonds, sesame seeds and mix it well.
- Place in the airfryer and toast for 3-4 minutes at 180°c.
- Transfer it to a bowl, add jaggery, cardamom powder and mix it well.
- Keep it aside for further use.
- In a parat, add whole wheat flour, salt to taste, powdered sugar, ghee, water and knead it into a stiff dough. Keep it aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Divide the dough into equal sized balls and flatten it with the help of a rolling pin. Apply water on the edges.
- Place the filling onto the sheet and give it the desired shape.
- Preheat the airfryer for 5 minutes at 185°c.
- Place the modak into the airfryer, apply ghee onto the modak and cook it for 10-12 minutes at 185°c.
- Transfer it into the serving dish and serve hot.