Chicken Mansaf by Rafan
Category: Non Veg
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30-40 mins
Serving Size: 5
pure yoghurt like greek yoghurt
few green chilli pieces
onion cut pieces
2 bay leaves and 1 cinnamon stick
1. Take chicken in pot, fill water till it covers chicken, put salt as required, half onion cut pieces, 2 bay leaves and one cinnamon stick. Boil for around 30 to 40 mins to prepare chicken broth.
2. In another bowl, put pure yoghurt like greek yoghurt . Put corn starch, garam masala , black pepper, few green chilli pieces (no red chilli or powder in this dish). Mix well till we get smooth mixture.
3. Heat pan and put some ghee and then pour yoghurt mixture. Cook on low flame. Take chicken pieces from broth and cook it witn yoghurt. After 5 mins, take chicken broth as required and pour it in mixture. Mix well and cook on high flame till we get thick saucy curry.
4. Peel almonds and pine nuts. Toast it . Serve chicken with almonds and pine nuts and parsley or coriander leaves on top.
5. Best eaten with romali or naan roti and butter rice . Enjoy cooking!!!
Special notes/Tips: Can substitute chicken with mutton.