Bajra Spaghetti In Spinach Sauce by Sonakshi Srivastava
- ½ cups Bajra flour
- 1 cup Wheat flour
- 1 cup Warm water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp oil
For The Sauce
- 2 Cups Spinach (palak), puree
- 2 Small Tomatoes
- 1/2 tbsp Butter
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Large Onion, finely chopped
- ¼ Cup Processed Cheese, grated
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Red chilli flakes
- Take Bajra and whole wheat flour in a bowl, knead into a semi soft dough, cover and rest 10 min.
- Take chakli maker and attach the sev plate. Grease the maker and put the prepared dough in it.
- Make spaghetti pasta with the help of chakli maker then coat with wheat flour so that they don’t stick with each other.
- Now boil sufficient water and add salt. Add pasta and stir gently, boil for 10 mins.
- Strain and drizzle oil on the spaghetti. Set aside.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pot. Make criss-cross sections on lower side of the tomato and add in the boiling water along with garlic cloves.
- Cook for 2-4 mins then drain the water. Peel the tomatoes and let them cool completely.
- Blend the tomato and garlic together to a puree. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add onions saute on medium flame for few minutes.
- Add tomato and garlic puree, cook further for more 2 mins.
- Add the spinach puree mix well and cook on medium flame while stirring occasionally, till it reduces and thickens.
- Add red chilli flakes and salt to taste, stirring occasionally.
- Add prepared noodles in the sauce and mix well and cook on medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add oregano and grated cheese. Serve hot.