Sevai Cake by Vidhi Sharma
- 2 tbsps ghee
- 2 green apples, grated
- 1 cup Vermicelli (Seviyan)
- 1 cup reduced milk (like rabri)
- 200 gms sweet condensed milk
- A pinch of cardamom powder
- Almond flakes 10 nos.
- Pista, flakes
- 1 tbsp sugarFor caramel sauce:
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tbsps fresh cream
- A dollop of butterGarnishing:
- Mint leaf
- 1. For the cake, heat ghee in a pan and let melt. Add grated green apple and sauté for around 2-3 mins till golden brown.
- 2. Break the sevai and add it to the pan. Stir for 2 mins. Now add the reduced milk. Once the mixture starts to thicken add condensed milk and sugar.
- 3. Add cardamom powder, almond and pista flakes. Continue stirring and cook for 10 minutes more till the mix further thickens and leaves the sides. Remove and let cool down completely. Refrigerate for an hour.
- 4. After an hour, take the mixture out and grind coarsely for 20 seconds in a mixer.
- 5. For the caramel sauce, add sugar to a pan and let it caramalize on low-medium heat. Do not stir.
- 6. Once the sugar melts completely, add fresh cream, turn off the flame and whisk it. Add butter for shine.
- 7. For the final presentation, take a round bowl of about 2 inches and pour in the caramel sauce. The sauce must be hot. Keep it aside to cool.
- 8. Once it is cool add the ground sevai mixture and leave aside again for 15 minutes to set. Once set, place a white plate over the bowl and invert the bowl over to transfer the cake to the plate.
- 9. For further garnish, spread some more caramel sauce around the cake. Place a fresh mint leaf on top to add freshness along with a raspberry.
- Dish is ready to be served.