Almonds, Pistachios, raisins, cashews (Chopped) – ¼ cup
Condensed Milk – 1 tin
A few strands of Saffron soaked in milk
Edible Silver Leaf
1. Wash and soak the rice in water for about 2 hours.
2. Shade-dry the rice on a muslin cloth and grind into a coarse powder, keep aside.
3. Simultaneously boil the milk and keep stirring till it’s reduced to half. Now add the coarse rice powder and keep stirring it continuously making sure there are no lumps. Cook till the rice is completely done, add sugar and condensed milk and keep stirring continuously till the sugar gets completely dissolved.
4. Just before switching off the flame, add saffron soaked in milk, along with cardamom powder and vanilla essence and mix well. Remove from flame and let cool.
5. Pour the phirni into earthen pots and garnish with Almonds, pistachios, raisins, cashews and edible silver leaf.