Torsh Kebab by Dr. Faraah Khan
Preparation Time: 2 hours 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
250 grams boneless Chicken wash and cut in 1 inch cube
1 /4 cup of fresh Pomegranate juice
1/4 cup of Walnuts
3-4 Garlic cloves
1-2 Green Chillies as per spice preference
Handful of fresh Coriander leaves,wash well under running water
1/2 teaspoon Salt
6-8 saffron strands, soaked in 1 teaspoon of warm Water
1 teaspoon Honey
1 teaspoon corn Flour
1 teaspoon Olive oil + for grilling & basting
1. For the marinade, add garlic, green chillies, fresh coriander, walnuts, saffron, honey, salt and pomegranate juice to a mixer jar. Grind to a fine paste.
2. Marinate the chicken using this mixture along with cornflour. Toss well until all chicken pieces are well coated.
3. Add a little olive oil & allow this to marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours. If using mutton, overnight marination is recommended.
4. After 2 hours, remove and affix the chicken onto skewers.
5. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a grill pan, place the skewered kebabs on the pan. Baste with few drops of oil on each stick. Turn over periodically till chicken turns evenly brown on all sides.