Spinach Potato Jowar Gnocchi by Unknown
For The Gnocchi
¾ Cup Spinach, blanched & chopped
2 Cups Potatoes, boiled & mashed
⅓ Cup Jowar/Sorghum flour
3 tbsp Besan/Bengal Gram Flour
2 tbsp Rice flour
2 tbsp Blanched Almond Paste
Salt to taste
For Tomato Sauce
1 ½ tbsp Olive Oil
1 ½ Cup Blanched Tomato Puree
A Pinch of Asafoetida
½ tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Madras Curry Powder
Salt to taste
3 tbsp Curd
½ Cup Processed Cheese, grated
To Make Gnocchi-
- In a mixing bowl combine spinach and potatoes, mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Take a small portion, roll into a ball and gently press with a thumb.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pot. Put in prepared gnocchi and blanch for 2mins.
- Remove with perforated spoon and set aside till in use.
To Make Tomato Sauce-
- Heat the oil or ghee in a small pan. Add the asafoetida, and wait 5 seconds.
- Add peppercorns, cloves and saute till fragrant.
- Add tomato puree and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, Madras curry powder and cook on medium flame for another 7-8 minutes.
- Season with salt and mix well.
- Add the curd and simmer for 2-3 minutes more.
- Take a baking dish or skillet and put tomato sauce on the bottom of the dish.
- Arrange the Gnocchi above the tomato sauce in one layer.
- Top it off with some grated cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180*c for 10 mins or until browned.
- Serve hot.