Prep: 10 minutesCook: 40 minutes Servings: 2 people
- 1 cups Basmati Rice, soaked
- A pinch of Saffron
- ¼ cup Ghee
- 2 Cardamom pods
- 2 Cloves
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cashew nuts, chopped
- ½ cup mixed dried fruits, chopped (almonds, cashew nuts, raisins)
- ¼ cup Mawa
- Keep a pot filled with water for boiling. Add kesar to it.
- Using boiling method, cook the rice half done. Drain off excess water and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in another pot. Add cardamom pods and cloves to it. Saute for a minute.
- Add in 2-3 ladles of half cooked prepared rice and mix.
- Now add 1 ladle of sugar and spread it on top of the rice.
- Cover this with another layer of rice. Repeat the same for the rest of the rice by making alternative layers of rice and sugar.
- Do not mix it. Cover it a lid and cook on medium flame for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove the lid. The sugar crystals will start to melt. Now gently give it a stir and cover again.
- Meanwhile in a pan, add ghee and roast chopped cashew nuts, almonds and raisins. remove and keep aside.
- Once the sugar melts completely, add in roasted nuts and mawa. Give it a stir and cook for another 5-6 minutes without covering.
- Turn off the flame and serve hot.