Vrat Ki Kheer Puri
½ cup Barnyard Millet (समा चावल)
1 tsp Ghee (घी)
1 medium Sweet Potato – finely chopped (शकरकंदी)
500-600 ml Milk (दूध)
¼ cup Sugar (चीनी)
½ tsp Cardamom Powder (इलायची पाउडर)
For Fried Nuts
1 tbsp Ghee (घी)
10-12 Almonds (बदाम)
1 tbsp Chironji (चिरौंजी)
1 medium Potato – fine mashed (आलू)
1 cup Water Chestnut Flour (सिंघाड़े का आटा)
Sendha Namak to taste (सेंधा नमक स्वादानुसार)
1-2 tbsp Water (पानी)
Oil for frying (तलने के लिए तेल)
- Heat a pot or kadai on medium heat and add barnyard millet and saute for a minute.
- Then add some ghee and saute until fragrant now add chopped sweet potato and continue sauteing for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the milk and let it cook completely or until thickened.
- Once thickened properly add some more milk then bring it to a boil and add sugar, let it cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Now finish it with cardamom powder, fried nuts, mix and switch off the flames.
For Fried Nuts
- In a small pan heat ghee and add almonds, let them fry for half a minute then add the chironji, continue frying for another half minute.
- Remove and keep aside for further use.
- In a bowl add finely mashed potato, water chestnut flour, sendha namak and knead it properly.
- Now sprinkle some water and knead it into a soft dough. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat oil on medium heat for frying.
- Then take a small portion from the dough and then using the palm of your hand flatten it out by applying some ghee.
- Repeat this process for all of the dough and deep fry them in medium hot oil until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve hot with kheer.