Vrat Ke Chawal Ka Pulav
1 Cup Vrat ke Chawal/ Vaari Cha Tandool/ Sama Rice
1 tsp Cumin seeds
2-3 Cardamom Pods
½ inch Cinnamon Stick
½ inch Ginger
3 Green chilies
8 Curry leaves
½ Cup Peanuts, slightly crushed
1 ½ Cups Potatoes, peeled& Cubed
3 tbsp Ghee/Oil
Sendha namak, to taste
- Rinse the rice as regular rice. Soak for 30mins.
- Crush ginger and green chilies together. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee/oil in a pressure cooker. Add cardamom, cinnamon stick, cloves, peppercorns, cloves and cumin seeds.
- Once the cumin seeds crackle, add curry leaves. Add ginger and green chili paste and sauté for few seconds.
- Add potatoes, peanuts, salt and coriander. Sauté for a minute.
- Add rice and stir. Add 2.5 cups of water and close the cooker. Cook till 2-3 whistles.
- Open when pressure goes off. Serve hot.