Vegetable Spring Roll
Prep: 15 minsCook: 20 mins Servings: 2
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic, chopped fine
- 1 green chili, chopped fine
- ½ cup carrot, shredded
- ½ cup Cabbage, shredded
- ¼ cup Capsicum, julienne
- ¼ cup French bean, julienne
- ½ tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Crushed Black pepper
- ½ tsp light soy sauce
For Binding Flour & Water Slurry
- 2 tbsp refined flour (maida)
- 1 tbsp water
- Heat oil in a pan or kadhai on a medium flame, add ginger –garlic and sauté until raw smell goes off.
- Then add the chopped vegetables and saute lightly.
- After that add sugar, salt and crushed black pepper. Saute until the vegetables are half done.
- Add red chili sauce and light soy sauce and cook for few more seconds. Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Defrost the spring roll sheets and keep them in damp cloth.
- Place a spoonful of filling in the center, fold the sides and roll it seal the end s using a slurry of flour and water.
- Make all the rolls in the same manner, heat oil in a fry in pan.
- Deep fry the spring rolls on medium high heat until golden brown.
- Place the fried spring rolls on a absorbent paper to soak the excess oil.
- Serve the spring rolls hot along with chili sauce and soy sauce.