Prep: 20 minutesCook: 10 minutes Servings: 2 people
1 ½ cup milk
1 ½ cup fresh cream
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 tsp gelatine powder
¼ tsp green food colour
150 gms sweet boondi
Nuts for garnish
- In a saucepan, add milk and heat it on low flame.
- In a small bowl add warm water to the gelatine and let it soak until the gelatine blooms and looks grainy.
- Once it starts to simmer add the soaked gelatine to it and whisk well. These should not be any lumps in this mixture.
- Add sugar and mix well. Once the sugar completely gets dissolved turn off the flame.
- Now add fresh cream and vanilla essence to this and whisk well.
- Equally distribute this mixture in two separate bowls.
- Add green food colour to one bowl and mix well. Keep the other mixture plain white.
- Take a martini glass, pour in the green coloured mixture first, and let in set in the fridge for 15- 20 mins.
- Then pour in the white mixture, again set it for 15-20 mins in the refrigerator.
- Once the white layer is set, top it up with boondis for the last orange layer.
- The boondis, will give a nice crunchy texture to the smooth pannacotta.
- Keep the glass in refrigerator for an hour or until the mixture sets completely.
- All the three layers should be evidently seen.
- Garnish it with chopped nuts or chocolate cigars.
- Serve chilled.