Prep: 30-40 minsCook: 20-25 mins Servings: 2
- 2 cups basmati rice or regular rice- 80% cooked
- 1 cup tomato puree
- ⅓ cup finely chopped onions
- ½ tbsp ginger+garlic paste
- 2 tsp red chili paste
- ½ cup chopped mix vegetables-(Optional)( carrots, beans, peas, cauliflower)- blanched and small dices
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder/haldi
- ½ tsp red chili powder/lalmirch powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper or crushed black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves/dhania patta
- 1 tsp chopped mint leaves/pudina patta
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 to 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- salt as required
- Heat oil a deep non-stick pan, add cumin seeds let them splutter, add the onions, salt and sauté. When the onions turn a light golden brown, add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a minute. Add red chilli paste, tomato puree and mix well. Keep on cooking on a medium flame until the tomatoes are fully cooked and oil starts separating from the gravy.
- Add the blanched vegetables and mix well.
- Mix gentlyand adjust seasoning.Add the (70%) cooked rice and mix gently and cover with a lid until the rice is completely cooked.
- Garnish it with freshly chopped coriander. Serve hot.