For thandai paste
15 Cashew nuts
1 ½ Melon Seeds/Magaz
1 tbsp Poppy seeds/Khuskhus
1 tbsp Fennel Seeds/Saunf
1 tbsp Peppercorn
4-5 Cardamom pods, shell removed
For spiced milk
½ ltr milk, boiled
½ tsp nutmeg powder
1 tsp cardamom powder
2 tbs sugar
200 gms mawa cake
½ cup mixed nuts, toasted and chopped (Pistachio and almonds)
2 cups whipped cream
2-3 tbs strawberry syrup
1 cup sweet boondi, for garnish
- Soak almonds, cashew nuts, pistachios, melon seeds, poppy seeds and fennel seeds in warm Water for 2-3 hours.
- Add the soaked mixture in a blender (remove skin of almond if wished), add peppercorn, cardamom and blend to a very smooth paste.
- Add this paste to whipped cream, fold in gently and refrigerate.
- To make the spiced milk, warm the milk and add nutmeg powder, cardamom powder and sugar. Mix well.
- Soak the mawa cake in this milk for 2-3 minutes.
- To assemble, take a mason jar and pour the strawberry syrup into the bottom of the jar. Add the soaked and crumbled mawa cake to it.
- Add the chopped mixed nuts. Finally layer it with the thandai whipped cream.
Garnish it with sweet boondis. Serve chilled.