2 cups Besan
½ tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Red chilli powder
1 tsp Carom/ Ajwain seeds
Salt to taste
A pinch of Baking soda
1 tsp Oil
2 tsp Oil for greasing
Oil for frying
- In a bowl add besan, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, carom seeds, salt and baking soda.
- Mix everything well.
- Now pour in water and knead semi hard dough. Add oil and knead again.
- Now grease the sev machine with oil.
- Place the gathiya plate at the bottom of the machine and place the dough in it.
- Close the machine.
- Heat oil in a kadhai over medium flame. When the oil is hot enough, hold the machine on top of the kadhi and press down the lever forcing the dough through the gathiya mould.
- Swirl the machine in circular motion. Do not overcrowd the oil.
- Fry the gathiya for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown in colour. Remove in an absorbent paper to drain off excess oil.
- Keep the gathiya’s in an air tight container and store in a cool and dry place.