Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutes Servings: 2 people
250 gms Suran/Elephant Foot Yam
3 petals Kokum
Sendha Namak, to taste
Black salt or Chat masala (optional)
Oil, for deep frying
- Peel the suran and rinse with water. Slice the suran in medium thin slices.
- Put the suran in pressure cooker. Fill with water till suran is covered. Add kokum and salt. Cook for 2 whistles.
- When pressure goes off, remove the suran pieces and pat dry them with kitchen towel.
- Heat oil in kadai for deep frying. Deep the suran slices in oil till golden brown.
- Remove in a bowl and toss them in chaat masala or black salt.
- Serve hot.