1 tbsp of vegetable oil/ olive oil
500 gms of peeled and deveined shrimp
2 cups chow Mein noodles/ regular egg noodles (250 gms), cooked
¼ cup of sliced green onion tops (only the dark green part)
½ cup thinly sliced onion
½ cup thinly sliced all 3 color bell peppers
¼ cup thinly sliced celery
1 cup shredded cabbage
¼ cup of soy sauce
1 tsp of honey
2 tsp minced fresh ginger
1 tsp minced fresh garlic
2 tsp of toasted sesame oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat half of the oil in a wok over high heat. Add the white onion and cook for 3 minutes or until onion has started to brown and soften.
- Add the bell peppers and celery, cook for 3-4 minutes until vegetables have started to soften. Add the cabbage along with 2 tbsp of water. Cook while stirring constantly, until cabbage is wilted and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan and place onto a plate.
- Heat up the remaining oil in the pan and add the shrimp. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until pink and opaque.
- Add the vegetables back into the pan with the shrimp.
- Add the chow mein noodles to the pan with the shrimp and vegetables.
- In a small bowl mix together the soy sauce, honey, ginger, garlic and sesame oil.
- Pour the sauce over the noodle mixture, tossing to coat evenly. Cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Serve immediately.
AMAZON SHOP Buy utensils, kitchen accessories and appliances used in this video here - https://www.amazon.in/shop/chefranveer