Prep: 10 minsCook: 20 mins Servings: 2
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil/ olive oil
- 500 gms of peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 cups chow Mein noodles/ regular egg noodles(250 gms), cooked
- ¼ cup of sliced green onion tops (only the dark green part)
- ½ cup thinly sliced onion
- ½ cup thinly sliced all 3 color bell peppers
- ¼ cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 1 tsp of honey
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 2 tsp of toasted sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat half of the oil in a wok over high heat. Add the white onion and cook for 3 minutes or until onion has started to brown and soften.
- Add the bell peppers and celery, cook for 3-4 minutes until vegetables have started to soften. Add the cabbage along with 2 tbsp of water. Cook, stirring constantly, until cabbage is wilted and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan and plate onto a plate.
- Heat up the remaining oil in the pan and add the shrimp. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until pink and opaque.
- Add the vegetables back into the pan with the shrimp.
- Add the chow meinnoodles to the pan with the shrimp and vegetables.
- In a small bowl mix together the soy sauce, honey, ginger, garlic and sesame oil.
- Pour the sauce over the noodle mixture, tossing to coat evenly. Cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Serve immediately.