Prep: 10 minsCook: 1 hour Servings: 4
1 litre Milk (full fat)
½ Cup Sugar
½ tsp Cardamom powder
For Sugar water
3-4 Cardamom Pods, cracked
8- 10 Slices of bread, cut into roundels
3 tbsp ghee for frying
- Heat milk in a heavy bottom pan. Once boiled, lower the flame. Keep stirring in intervals. Once the thick layer forms push it towards corner of the pan.
- When it has reduced to half of its original quantity add sugar, cardamom powder and mix. Reduce till 1/3 of original quantity.
- Take off the heat and keep aside.
- Heat water and sugar in a pan with pods of cardamom, reduce till thick and syrupy.
- Meanwhile shallow fry the bread in ghee on medium flame till golden brown.
- Soak the fried bread in sugar syrup.
- While serving take the bread and arrange the bread on a plate, pour rabri on it and garnish with chopped nuts.