1 cup refined flour
½ tsp carom seeds
1 tbsp ghee
Salt to taste
Chilled Water as required (Stiff dough)
2-3 tbsp oil
4-5 medium potatoes, boiled
1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp crushed coriander
½ tsp cumin seeds
¼ tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
Black pepper powder to taste
Salt to taste
¼ tsp dried mango powder (amchur powder)
Oil for frying
- Add refined flour, carom seeds and ghee in a bowl, combine well with finger tips till it looks like bread crumbs.
- Add salt and mix well. Add chilled water and knead enough to combine and form a tight dough.
- Heat oil in a pan, ginger, fennel seeds, crushed coriander and cumin seeds. Cook till fragrant.
- Add carom seeds and mix well. Chop the potatoes and add in, mix and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add black pepper powder, enough for taste and color both.
- Add salt and mix well. Add dried mango powder in the end and mix well.
- Allow to cool down.
- Divide the prepared dough in equal portions, and roll it in an oval and long shape.
- Divide the rolled dough sheet into two halves, shape it into a triangle forming a cone.
- Fill the dough cone with the prepared potato filling and seal the edges by overlapping them.
- Deep fry the prepared samosas in medium hot oil till golden brown and cripsy.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot with choice of chutney.