Sama Chawal Phirni
Prep: 10 minutesCook: 30 minutes Servings: 4
1 Litre Full Fat Milk
2 ½ tbsp Sama Chawal/Barnyard Millet, rinsed & soaked for an hour
½ Cup Sugar
½ tsp Cardamom Powder
2-3 tbsp Mixed Nuts, chopped
- Boil the milk in a heavy bottom pot. Once the milk is boiled, put on simmer.
- Stir the milk continuously. Simmer the milk till it has reduced to half.
- Now add in sama chawal and cook for 6-8mins on low flame.
- When the millet is cooked, add sugar and stir continuously till it reaches a thick consistency. Turn off the flame.
- Transfer the prepared mixture into small individual serving bowls and place them in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- When serving, garnish with nuts and serve chilled.