Rose Gulkand Modak
Prep: 20 minsCook: 10 mins Servings: 12-15 Modaks
¼ Cup Gulkand
2 tbsp Mixed Nuts, chopped
1 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
For Outer Covering
2 Cups Mawa/Khoya, crumbled
¾ Cup Powdered Sugar
2 tbsp Rose Syrup
- For stuffing, combine all the ingredients and mix well. Keep aside.
- For outer covering, heat a heavy bottom pan on low flame.
- Add mawa and keep stirring for a minute, mawa will start melting.
- When it melts add sugar and stir further for a minute.
- When the mixture starts leaving fat, add rose syrup and cook till mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan.
- Turn off the flame and transfer the mixture to a plate. Allow it cool.
- When the mixture is still warm, gently knead into dough.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and make smooth balls.
- Grease the modak mould with ghee and stuff a mawa ball in it.
- Press the ball so as to cover the sides of the mould and make a cavity in the centre.
- Fill in the stuffing and with a small portion of dough, cover the base of the modak.
- Gently unmould the modaks and repeat with others.