½ cup Mustard oil
1-2 Green cardamom
500 gm mutton
¾ cup curd
A few strands of saffron
1 tsp Dried ginger powder
½ tsp Fennel powder
¼ tsp Asafoetida
1 ½ tbsp kashmiri Red chilli powder
¼ cup mutton stock
Salt to taste
½ cup ghee
- Heat a saucepan, add mustard oil, cloves, green cardamom, mutton and saute well.
- In a bowl, add curd, saffron strands, dried ginger powder, fennel powder, asafoetida, kashmiri red chilli powder and mix well, transfer it into a saucepan.
- Add salt to taste and let it cook. Add little mutton stock mix well and cover it with the lid.
- cook till the meat is tender.
- In a pan, add ghee, ratanjot once it leaves the colour, strain the mixture and transfer it into the saucepan and mix well.
- Serve hot with naan.