Roasted Sweet Potato with Spiked Apple Sauce
Prep: 15 minutes + roasting timeCook: 25 minutes Servings: 2
2 Sweet Potatoes baked in Skin
2 tbsp butter
2 tsp Brown Sugar
Salt to taste
4-5 black peppercorns
60 ml white wine
- Roast the sweet potatoes in the oven for 30 minutes at 160 degree.
- Meanwhile, prepare the apple sauce. Peel the apple skin, de-seed and cut into cubes.
- Heat butter in a pan, add bay leaves and cinnamon stick, saute till fragrant.
- Add brown sugar and cook on low flame till sugar melts.
- Add salt and black peppercorns, mix well and roast for 3-4 minutes.
- Add brandy and white wine, mix well and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add apples and cook on low flame till they begin to get mushy.
- Remove from flame, allow to cool down to room temperature and blend into a smooth puree. Set aside till in use.
- After roasting the sweet potatoes, allow to cool down a little and cut them into wedges.
- Grill the wedges from all sides till they get good grill marks.
- Transfer the grilled potatoes to a serving plate, garnish with the prepared apple sauce and mint leaves.
- Serve immediately with the prepared apple sauce.