For Onion Tomato Puree
1 tbsp ghee
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 inch cinnamon
2 green cardamom
1 black cardamom
1 bay leaf
2 green chili
1 inch ginger, cut into cubes
3-4 garlic, roughly chopped
2 medium onion, cut into quarter
10-12 cashew nuts, soaked
4 medium tomato, cut into quarter
Salt to taste
¼ tsp turmeric
For Final Assembly
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp kashmiri red chili powder
1 tsp coriander powder
250 gms paneer, cubed
¼ cup cream
1 tsp kasoori methi, crushed
- Heat ghee in kadhai and add all the spices, followed by green chillies, ginger and garlic. saute for a minute.
- Now add onion, cashew nuts and saute. Do not brown them and keep translucence.
- Add tomatoes, salt and turmeric; mix and saute for a minute. Now add ½ cup water; cover and cook on low flame for 12-15 minutes. Stir it once again and allow it to cool.
- Now transfer this mixture into blender and blend until fine texture.
- Now pass this curry from the strainer to get that smooth and silky texture.
- Now heat butter in a non stick pan and add kashmiri red chilli powder and coriander powder. Saute for a minute and add prepared curry. Stir gently for a while and add paneer cubes. Add cream and sprinkle kasoori methi powder all over. Mix well and cook for another 2 minutes on low flame.
- Before serving garnish with cream and sprinkle cardamom powder.
AMAZON SHOP Buy utensils, kitchen accessories and appliances used in this video here - https://www.amazon.in/shop/chefranveer