2 tbsp Oil
1 tbsp Mustard seeds
1 tbsp Gota urad
¼ tsp Asafoetida / Hing
1 tbsp Red & Green chilli, chopped
7-8 cashew, broken
Salt to taste
1 inch Ginger, chopped
1 cup Semolina/ Rava
Oil, for greasing
½ cup yoghurt/ fresh or sour
Coriander leaves, chopped
A pinch of Asafoetida/ hing
1 tbsp fruit salt
- In a pan heat oil, add mustard seeds, gota urad, Asafoetida, red chill, green chilli and broken cashew saute well.
- Add salt to taste, add ginger and semolina and roast well on medium flame.
- Transfer it to a bowl, add curd and water mix it properly and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Now add fruit salt and mix well.
- Grease the idli mould, pour the batter and keep half cashew on each.
- Steam at higher temperature for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with coconut chutney.