Winter speciality sold on the streets of Delhi. Savoury vada made with lentils and garnished with winter famous vegetable – radish along with mint coriander chutney. It is one of the most flavourful winter street food.
1 cup moong dal, soaked for 5-6 hours
½ cup chana dal, soaked for 5-6 hours
Salt to taste
1 inch ginger, grated
2-3 green chillies, finely chopped
¼ cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
Oil to deep-fry
1 cup radish, peeled and grated
¼ cup chopped coriander leaves
Coriander mint chutney as required
- Drain the water from the soaked dals and blend them in the grinder to a coarse paste without adding any water.
- Add salt, ginger, green chillies and fresh coriander to this paste, mix well and beat using a spatula till it becomes light and fluffy.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, take small ball sized portions of the prepared batter and drop into hot oil.
- Deep-fry on medium-low flame till golden and crisp.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Garnish with radish, coriander and green chutney.
- Serve hot.