Ragi Paniyaram Sweet & Savoury
1 cup red rice
½ cup whole ragi
2 tbsps urad dal
1 green chilli, chopped
1 red chilli, chopped
1 tbsp ginger, chopped
1 small onion, fine chopped
2 tbsp carrot, fine chopped
100 gms processed cheese, cut in cubes
Salt to taste
1-2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
Ghee, for greasing
Coriander leaves, chopped
½ cup jaggery
Honey to drizzle
- Soak red rice, whole ragi and urad dal together for 4 hours.
- Blend them into a smooth paste.
- Allow the prepared batter to ferment over-night.
- Add the batter into two different bowls, dividing in equal portions.
- In one bowl, add green chillies, red chillies, ginger, onion and carrot, mix well.
- In the other bowl, add jaggery and mix well.
- Grease the paniyaram pan with ghee using a brush.
- In one half of the pan, pour the savory batter and insert a cheese cube inside each. Pour some more batter to cover the cheese cubes.
- Pour the sweet batter in the other half of the pan.
- Cover the paniyaram pan with a lid and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Open the lid and turn over the paniyarams. Cover with lid again and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- De-mould and serve savoury paniyaram with green chutney and sweet paniyaram with honey.