Ragi Chocolate Cake
1 cup Ragi Flour
1 cup Wheat Flour
½ cup Cocoa Powder
¾ cup Sugar
1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 cups Milk
2 tsp Vanilla Essence
¾ cup Melted Butter
A pinch of Salt
For chocolate Ganache
200 ml Fresh cream
200 gms Dark Chocolate, cut into small pieces
½ cup Chocolate chips
½ cup Almonds, Slivered
- Take a bowl and add in all the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Now pour in milk, vanilla essence and melted butter. Combine everything well, ensure there are no lumps in the batter.
- Batter should be of thick pouring consistency.
- Line a cake tin with butter paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180* Celsius.
- Pour the cake batter in the lined tin. Tap it gently to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the knife comes out completely clean.
- De-mould the cake and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Meanwhile heat fresh cream in a heavy bottom pot.
- Stir continuously and let it come to a boil.
- Turn off the flame and add in the chopped chocolate pieces.
- Do not mix it. Let it rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Later whisk it well. And let it cool down a little.
- Once the cake cool downs completely, take a serrated knife and cut the top portion to even out the cakes top surface.
- Pour the prepared ganache on top of the cake. Cover the entire cake with ganache.
- Garnish the cake with chocolate chips and slivered almonds.
- Let it set in the fridge for 2-3 hours and serve.